Shabby Blog

Friday 29 June 2012

Gardening Beginner





































I am somewhat of a newcomer to this gardening malarkey. I've been giving it a bit of a go for the last few years with mixed results. However, now I'm at home looking after Nye all day I notice the front garden that is persistently riddled with weeds and I've been slowly doing my best to add flowers and herbs when I can.

Money is obviously a deciding factor when it comes to making changes and limits being able to immediately make it look fit to burst with colour and foliage.  I have made some rookie errors mind you. Firstly, those of us who are not natural gardeners should steer clear of the clearance section where plants are past their best.  Whatever the discount, planting unhealthy plants that immediately die doesn't do much for ones confidence.

This post has been a long time coming as I fail to take photos which really capture how much it has already altered but there is still a long way to go! Here we are back in the day, June 2010 when we bought our first house.













1 comment:

  1. Good for you, getting stuck in. I think the thing about gardening is as long as you are getting enjoyment out of it. Its never an instant thing so just experiment with what works/doesn't. Don't be afraid to take little slips of things as well. I've been doing mine on a budget so have been growing lots of things this way.

    ReplyDelete

Share

Search This Blog