Shabby Blog

Thursday 6 September 2012

Blackberry and Chocolate Cupcakes

I had a cake craving and there was not much in the house apart from a few pilfered blackberry's from a bush in the park and a tub of coco powder.  They collided and a match made in heaven was born!



I can't actually believe how good these taste, especially since I just threw them together so they were in the oven by the time we sat down to eat dinner.  As they were quite literally thrown together, these are the weights, I think I put together as I didn't use any scales or measurements.

  • 2 tbsp cocoa powder
  • 150g plain flour
  • 1tsp baking powder
  • 150g sugar
  • 150g margarine (I used olive oil spread)
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 hand fulls of blackberry's


I first sieved all the dry ingredients together then I added the margarine and eggs and stirred until incorporated.    Once the mixture came together, I put 1 tbsp of mixture into a cupcake case and then pushed in 2-3 blackberry's into each case.

These took about 15minutes to cook at 180 degrees C and the mixture made about 18 small cupcakes.

I then iced them using a simple butter icing which I coloured with lavender food colouring.  To finish them off I swirled in some Cadburys chocolate Philidelphia spread and added some chocolate stars I had lying around.  Even neil, who is a new convert to any kind of fruit, loved these.  They kind of taste like chocolate goodness with little bits of fruity jam bursting in your mouth.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Search This Blog