Shabby Blog

Thursday 20 September 2012

Plant's I'd like to grow 2012-13

One of the benefits of going running and being a stay at home mum is taking note of some rather beautiful front gardens on the long walks.  I've seen my fair share of sofa's and washing machines gracing them too, but I've also seen beuatiful corucopias of colour and fragrance.

As a reminder for getting things planted now and for next year, I'm going to put together a list of some of the things I'd like to have blooming next year.

Name: Cosmos

Name: Daffodil

Name: FOXGLOVE

Name: Dahlia 'Happy'

Name: Peonie

Name: Crocosmia x crocosmiiflora 'Emily McKenzie'

Name: Crocosmia 'Lucifer'


Name: Allium sphaeroceph


Name: Limonium Sinuatum


So far I have planted some daffodil bulbs and a Peonie (although the leaves are already looking a little crispy).  If I had a list of things I'd like to grow by the end of this year it would include a Rose and lots of climbers.  So far I've managed to look after 2 passion flowers, a jasminum and 2 honeysuckles.  As well as my gladioli finally flowering and a successful season for my new lilies!  Fingers crossed I can keep them  all through the winter.  I have also recently bought a beautiful rose which had blackspot which I am treating, booo!

There's not a lot of interest in terms of colour or foliage in our garden over winter, perhaps something I should look at next spring when I get the gardening bug back.  Right, now I need to work out the best place to plant our new blueberry and raspberry plants! Fingers crossed for fresh fruit for Nye come 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Search This Blog