Shabby Blog

Monday 17 September 2012

Thai Chicken Curry with Cauliflower Rice with TOTAL Greek Yoghurt




I heard on the radio the other day that it is estimated that most people have 8 recipes that they use to get them through the week.  I often feel so tired of the usual suspects, working out what to pair with potato, pasta or rice.  So it's nice to do something a bit different, and add something delicious to the usual repertoire.

A few weeks ago I spotted a lovely Thai Red Curry recipe on the TOTAL Greek Yogurt website and asked if I showcase it here.  I was sent the ingredients on Friday and couldn't wait to make it for you all.  This is just one of a thousand new recipes and usage suggestions.  You can find out more their website


Ingredients:

Directions:

1. Boil 100ml of water in a smal saucepan and add the creamed coconut until it had softened.
2. In a frying pan or wok, heat the coconut oil and add the chicken. Lightly fry until cooked through.
3. Add the creamed coconut and water mixture to the chicken,  then add the yoghurt, Thai paste, mixed peppers, mushrooms, mangetout  & green beans.
4. Simmer on a medium heat for 10 - 15 minutes, stirring every so often. Add more water if you prefer a runnier curry.  I added a bit more yoghurt to make it nice and creamy with a thicker sauce.
5. Grate the cauliflower using a cheese grater, knife or food processor, until it resembles rice.
6. Place the cauliflower in a microwavable bowl and cover with cling film. Poke holes in the cling film. It is important to NOT add water. Microwave on full blast for 4 - 5minutes until soft.
7. Serve the cauliflower with the curry and tuck in!



I have to say this dish was really delicious and Nye really liked it too.  He had a good suck on the peppers and managed to get through several pieces of chicken.  I didnt add any seasoning but it was really full of flavour.  The thing that really surprised me was the cauliflower 'rice'. It was so quick and easy  but I worried the strong flavour and smell of cauliflower would overpower everything else.  In the end it added a lovely sweetness to the spicy curry.  I can't help but marvel at what an amazing alternative to rice it is.

I would usually have made this kind of recipe with coconut milk which I don't often have in the fridge so it is fantastic to realise that I can make this with yogurt  and use the coconut oil to give it that nutty taste.

Many thanks to Total Greek Yoghurt for letting me share this recipe and for providing me with all the ingredients to do so.  We've been at a wedding all weekend and I couldn't wait to get home and finish off the leftovers!

This recipe is one of many others being profiled on blogs across the interweb, see if you can find them all and you can win a fantastic prize.  Find all 30 recipes posted across the blogospher and you can win Paul Merrett's list of essential kitchen equipment. The lucky winner will get this amazing wish list including the very best cookware worth more than £800.  For more information you can visit their website or their brand new Facebook app, so you don’t even have to leave Facebook to get inspiration for dinner ‐



Join the TOTAL Recipe Treasure Hunt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Search This Blog