Shabby Blog

Thursday 11 October 2012

Banana and Oat Teething Biscuits - Baby Led Weaning Recipe

I have had 2 rather over ripe bananas sitting in the fruit bowl for some time and yesterday seemed like the last day of their life span.  We are due a weekly shop and therefore have no eggs so I was on the hunt for something I could make for Nye using cupboard ingredients. Whilst googling I came across a recipe for some lovely teething biscuits which I have adapted.


Ingredients:

  • 1 cup oats
  • 1/2 cup wholemeal flour
  • 1/2 plain flour (I used spelt flour)
  • 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 2 small overripe bananas, mashed
  • 3 tablespoons oil (I used rice bran)

Directions:

  1. Pre heat the oven to 180°c 
  2. Mix the 'dry ingredients' in a large bowl (oats, flour, cinnamon and baking powder)
  3. Mix the wet ingredients in a small bowl (bananas and oil)
  4. Add the wet ingredients to the large bowl of dry ingredients and stir until combined.
  5. Once combined, take a teaspoon of mixture and roll into a long snake.
  6. Place the 'snake' on the baking paper and squash down flat.
  7. Bake in a pre heated oven for 12-15 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Search This Blog