Shabby Blog

Monday 7 January 2013

Spiced Cranberry Sauce Recipe

Christmas has passed but yesterday we used some left over cranberry sauce with some meatballs and I was reminded how delicious it is.  I thought I'd post up the recipe I used for Christmas day as it keeps really well in the fridge and would be great in ham sandwiches and on crackers with cheese. Yum.

Image from Holistic Woman
Spiced Cranberry Sauce

  • 3 cardamon pods
  • 250g fresh or frozen cranberries
  • 50 ml of white wine, I used sweet desert wine
  • Juice of 1 orange
  • 1 tbsp of sliced peel
  • 50g light brown soft sugar


  1. Crush the cardamon pods to split the husks and put in a saucepan.
  2. Add all the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
  3. Once the mixture has boiled, simmer and stir for 10 minutes until most of the cranberries have burst.
  4. Take the sauce off the heat and leave to cool in a bowl or jar.
  5. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Search This Blog